A Global Service Learning project:
- Must involve faculty members and students as a project team.
- Must address a global problem for which the GSL team has expertise in solving.
- Must build on an existing academic discipline within the university.
- Must address a global need that has long-term sustainability and practical application.
- Must have an educational benefit for the student and a professional (scholarship/research) benefit for the faculty member.
- Must be fiscally sound and sustainable for both the university and the host country.
Example (Small Plot Irrigation Project):