Do you have a heart for children and recognize the Christ-like impact that you could have as a teacher?
With LeTourneau’s bachelor of interdisciplinary studies and Texas teacher certification, you'll be on your way to a career which allows you to be an agent of transformation in children's lives every day.
Earn your certification and degree from one of Texas' top schools of education, LeTourneau University.
We are proud of the quality of our teacher certification program:
- 100% of LeTourneau University students who took the 2012 State Board of Educator Certification test successfully passed the examination
- The LeTourneau School of Education accounts for approximately 16% of the total yearly state certifications
- In 2011, LETU student Matthew Bradley won the Texas Student Teacher of the Year award
Interesting Classes You'll Take
- Foundations of American Education and Culture
- Development and Learning of the Young Child
- Remediation of Reading Difficulties
- Classroom Management and Organization for the Elementary School
To learn more about course requirements, view the course catalog.
What can you do with this Degree?
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Preschool Director
- Child Care Director
Dr. Kathy Stephens
Chair, Department of
Not quite what you're looking for? Here are a few other programs that might interest you: