Experts who use mathematical techniques to analyze and interpret data and draw conclusions are in high demand, especially in today's information-driven marketplace. That's why LeTourneau University's applied statistics concentration prepares you to meet the growing global need for qualified and trained statisticians.
Leverage your interest in technology and numbers, as well as your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, to establish a strong and flexible career of statistical analysis to help inform decision-making in a variety of fields, from politics, biology and economics, to engineering, medicine and sports.
- Our applied statistics concentration involves not only a robust study of statistics, but also requires significant study in mathematics and computer programming, with an emphasis on information systems.
- You'll learn how to apply mathematical principles to the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of masses of numerical data.
- Our combination of curriculum provides a sound foundation of comprehensive statistical knowledge.
- Be prepared for graduate studies or an entry-level position in industry.
Applied Statistics as a Career
- The Bureau of Labor and Statistics has projected that employment opportunities for statisticians will grow by 14 percent from 2010 to 2020.
- Federal and local governments employ about 30 percent of all statisticians, with private industries such as insurance, pharmaceutical and research firms employing the rest.
View the course catalog to learn more.