Fri, Jan 29 2016
LeTourneau University will present the following Spring 2016 Science Seminars in the Berry Auditorium in the Glaske Engineering Building on the university’s main campus, 2100 S. Mobberly Ave. in Longview. All presentations are from 11 to 11:50 a.m. on Thursdays, unless otherwise noted.
• Feb. 4 Microfluid Paper Drug Sensors: Low-cost, Hand-held Devices for Forensic Investigation will be presented by Fernand Group, Department of Chemistry, LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas. Video not available.
• Feb. 11 Factors Causing High East Texas cancer rates and mechanisms that drive pregnancy-associated breast cancer presented by Edward Sauter, Director of the Cancer Treatment and Prevention Center at The University of Texas Health Science Center, Tyler, Texas.
• March 16 A Faith Journey: Christianity from a Scientist’s Perspective, will be presented by Jim Tour, one of the top 10 chemists in world and a professor at Rice University, Houston, Texas. He will speak on his faith and its impact on his career at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 16 in Speer Chapel on campus.
• March 17 Nanopeople and Nanocars for the Nanoworld presented by Jim Tour, Rice University, Houston, Texas.
• March 24 Logic in Christian Education presented by Tibor Szarvas, Professor and Chair, Department of Mathematics, Louisiana State University, Shreveport, La.
• March 31 Sigma Six and Chemical Engineering presented by Hollie Kinler, Eastman Chemical, Longview, Texas.
• April 7 String Theory presented by Gerald Cleaver, Department of Physics, Baylor University, Waco, Texas.
• April 28 Bio-based Chemical and Polysaccharide Gum Products presented by Thomas West, Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M University - Commerce, Commerce, Texas.
Any questions or comments regarding the seminar schedule may be directed to Gary DeBoer at GaryDeBoer@letu.edu or 903.233.3363. Opinions expressed by the speakers at seminar are their own and should not be taken as official positions of LeTourneau University. Updates to this schedule can be found at www.letu.edu/scienceseminars.