LeTourneau University Students to Serve During Spring Break March 9-13
Sun, Mar 8 2015
LeTourneau University students will serve in outreach ministries during the 2015 Spring Break March 9-13.
“Part of our Christian faith is putting feet to our faith,” said LETU Chaplain Dr. Harold Carl. “Our students will be sharing the gospel, doing construction, working on airplanes and computers for mission organizations, helping the elderly – all ways they demonstrate their faith in Christ through their actions.”
This year LETU students will participate in spring break mission trips that include:
- Tri-Grace Ministries, Utah—students will engage in evangelical outreach as they share the light of Christ and reach across cultural borders in Utah.
- Beach Reach on South Padre Island, Texas—students will provide a Christian witness to fellow college students with Beach Reach, as they serve free pancake breakfasts, provide safe rides for those who party all night, and share the Gospel with other students their age during spring break on South Padre Island.
- MMS Aviation, Ohio—LETU aviation students will be directly involved in assisting with maintenance, modification, and repair of missionary aircraft.
- JAARS, North Carolina —LETU aviation students will use their aviation skills to serve JAARS, a mission’s aviation center, by helping with the repair and maintenance of missionary aircraft.
- Colonia Outreach (Construction), Texas —students will serve with Buckner Ministries on construction and painting projects for residents in extreme poverty on the Texas border. Buckner has helped rural settlers move from spontaneously set up structures made from cardboard or canvas, to code approved, safe dwellings.
- Colonia Outreach (Children's Ministry), Texas —students will partner with Buckner International to conduct a ministry outreach to children in the “colonias” by sharing the Gospel through story times, crafts and games.
- Mexico City, Mexico—Working with One Mission Society at a drop-in youth center for street kids.