LETU Awards More Than $23,500 in Faculty Scholarship Grants
Thu, Mar 28 2013
LeTourneau University recently awarded grant more than $23,500 in funding to seven faculty members to pursue research initiatives. The faculty from biology, engineering, language arts and theology were awarded giant checks to represent the grants they will use to pursue their research.
Faculty Scholarship Grant recipients include (pictured from left):
- Dr. Patrick Mays, theology, “Best Practices for the Integration of Faith and Learning” $1,500
- Dr. Ben Caldwell, engineering, “A Biblical Understanding of How and Why Engineers Design” $500
- Ms. Karen Rispin, biology, “Presenting Wheels Research at Annual RESNA Conference” $1,980
- Dr. Darryl Low, engineering, “Evaluation of Selenium Coated Membranes for Wastewater Treatment” $5,965
- Dr. Stephen Ayers, engineering, “Development of High Durability Bridge Decks” $8,700
- Dr. Seung Kim, engineering, “Research of Optical Cavity Based Biosensor” $4,500
- Dr. Martin Batts, language arts, “Presenting and Chairing at South Central Conference on Christianity and Literature” $500
“LeTourneau University applauds these faculty members for their scholarship initiatives and understands that faculty scholarship informs and improves their excellence in the classroom,” said LETU Associate Provost and Dean of Faculty Steve Mason, who awarded the checks.