Fri, Feb 24 2012
LeTourneau University will begin the restoration process on the historic Judge J.N. Campbell House located at 433 South Center Street in Longview at 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
LETU’s facilities services, carpentry and grounds crew workers will provide labor and resources to remove an addition that was built after the 1920s. Kerry Martin has been retained as the Project Manager and will be on the grounds all day. The stabilization and restoration will continue over the next several months.
The public is invited to join Preservation Longview members for morning coffee and cinnamon rolls, courtesy of Johnny Cace's, to watch as the work gets underway. The Judge Campbell House is an 1872 Victorian home with a history that dates back to Longview's earliest beginnings. For more information on the restoration process, call (903)235-9087 or visit www.PreservationLongview.com.