International Student Employment


For international students with F-1 visas, employment is limited to campus jobs only. (Off-campus jobs require a work permit granted by the U. S. Federal Government.)

DEPENDENTS: The spouse or children of the F-1 student may enter the U.S. on an F-2 visa provided they have evidence of adequate financial support. A person on an F-2 visa may not be employed under any circumstances.

Some areas that employ students are: Facilities Services (Custodial), Maintenance Services, Grounds Services, Library, Bon App├ętit, University Admissions, Business Office, Information Technology, Academic Departments, Mail Center, and Summer Camps.

Steps to Apply for a Campus Job

  • For a list of jobs currently available at LETU, go to www.letu.edu/CampusJobs.
  • Click on any of the job listings to read the job title, position description, schedule, and qualifications.
  • Click Apply for this Job if you would like to apply for a specific position, and enter a LetNet username and password.
  • The next page will start the application process by asking for general information such as phone number, hours available, job skills, and preferred working location.
  • Continue to the next page to add any previous work experience. After this step, click continue to upload a resume. This is not required but helpful for employers.
  • The final page of the application will allow you to preview the application for any edits that need to be made.
  • When the application is ready, click Submit.
  • The application will be sent to the hiring department. The department will set up interviews with the applicants.
  • A Social Security Card is required to work at LETU. After being offered a job, you will be able to apply for one. 


  • New positions will be posted throughout each semester so please check Campus Jobs weekly or stop by the Office of Student Success located in the Student Affairs Building.
  • You may apply for multiple positions by clicking on Apply for a Job for any of the job listings.

Curricular Practical Training

United State Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations permit  F-1 students enrolled in post-secondary educational programs to participate in curricular practical training which is an integral part of the curriculum.

Eligible students may obtain authorization for curricular practical training from their Designated School Official (DSO).

Optional Practical Training

This training must be authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and the student must be issued an Employment Authorization Document (EAD Card) before training may begin. Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a work experience directly related to a student’s major area of study. It may be used before or after completion of studies. A job offer is not required to apply for OPT; however, employment must be procured within 90 days of the authorization date for post-completion OPT.


Earnings from student employment are subject to federal income tax unless exemption is claimed by completion of the applicable tax treaty for the home of residency. Additional tax information on tax obligations can be found in Internal Revenue Publications 518, 419 and 519. However, it is recommended that F-1 and J-1 visa holders contact LeTourneau University's payroll department for clarification on federal income tax withholding. More information...


View Available Campus Jobs

Some areas that employ students include:

  • Facilities Services (Custodial)
  • Maintenance Services
  • Grounds Services
  • Library
  • Bon App├ętit
  • University Admissions
  • Business Office
  • Information Technology
  • Academic Departments
  • Mail Center
  • Summer Camps.