LeTourneau University requires that all students (enrolled in six credit hours or more) have medical coverage. To comply with this requirement, please complete the online health insurance forms located at www.letu.edu/student-accounts.
- If you do not have your own insurance, please choose Option 1, accepting the University’s coverage.
- If you are covered by your parents’ insurance or have private coverage, select Option 2 and complete the waiver information.
- Failure to complete the waiver form will result in automatic enrollment into the coverage provided by the University.
- Unless proof of private health insurance coverage is furnished (by completing the applicable information for Student Accounts) by the 12th day of class each semester, the student will automatically be enrolled in the school-endorsed student health insurance plan. In that case, the insurance premium will be billed to the student when he or she enrolls for each semester as follows:
- Fall -- billed for coverage from August 1 through December 31.
- Spring -- billed for coverage from January 1 through July 31.
- If you are involved in LETU athletics and do not have personal health insurance coverage, you must have a special health insurance policy through AHP Healthcare Plans, the insurance carrier, in lieu of the standard health insurance policy through AHP. AHP is a third-party servicer for the LeTourneau community.
- If you are enrolled in the insurance through LeTourneau University, it is important that you file a claim form with each illness.
- For either one of the above types of health insurance, claim forms are available online and may be filed online at www.ahpcare.com/letu.
Longview has two hospitals within minutes of LeTourneau University - Good Shepherd Medical Center & Longview Regional Hospital.
Good Shepherd Family Health Center is also available across the street from the front entrance to our campus offering easy access for our students.
Good Shepherd Medical Center
621 North Fifth Street/
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Good Shepherd Family Health Center
2131 S Mobberly Ave
Longview, TX 75602
Monday – Friday:
8:00-10:45 AM; 1:00- 3:45 PM
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Call for an appointment
Monday – Friday:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Longview Regional Medical Center
2901 North Fourth Street
Longview, TX 75605