Below is a list of some of the resources available for testing of certain disabilities. LeTourneau University neither provides testing nor recommends anyone in particular. This list is merely an attempt at providing a possible starting place for your search for qualified specialists in given areas. This list contains the names of some local physicians, a diagnostic center in Plano, Texas, and several websites that may be of help. Further investigation on your part will be needed to determine cost, area of expertise and other factors that will aid in your decision.
Professionals who offer some forms of testing:
- Dr. Charles Fries – Tyler, Texas 903-526-5550
- Dr. Craig Moore, PhD – Longview, Texas 903-759-1145
- Dr. Barbara Modisette – Longview, Texas 903-738-4377
- SMU School of Education and Human Development – Plano, Texas 214-768-7323
Websites that may be helpful:
- Learning Disabilities Association of Texas – www.ldat.org
Information about learning disabilities, resources and more.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – www.nami.org
Information about mental health issues, links to support groups and training resources.
- National Mental Health Information Center – www.mentalhealth.gov
Information on a wide range of mental health topics, suicide prevention information and mental health related links.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission – www.hhsc.state.tx.us
Oversight of designated agencies, such as the Division of Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). Site also contains information about Texas Medicaid program.
- Social Security Online – www.ssa.gov
Federal website for obtaining information about and applying for Social Security benefits, including disability and Medicare.