Immunization Requirements

In order to protect the health of all LeTourneau University students, the university requires that the following immunizations be current: 

  • DT (Diphtheria-Tetanus) – This is needed every 10 years following the initial series.
    Those who have not received the primary series should have the complete series of three doses. 
  • MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) - Two MMRs or proof of diseases are required.
    Persons having dated records of vaccination, documentation of physician-diagnosed disease, or laboratory evidence of immunity are considered immune to the disease. Due to the constant and potentially deadly threat of measles outbreak, the Immunization Division of the Department of Health is recommending two doses of measles vaccine after the age of 12 months. Women are at a higher risk if not inoculated due to the severity to both mother and baby during pregnancy. If you need to update for measles, mumps or rubella, the Center for Disease Control and the Department of Health have approved either of the following methods: (1) an MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunization; or (2) a single dose of the necessary vaccine. If you have any questions regarding coverage for measles, mumps or rubella, the MMR vaccine is a convenient way to assure protection from all three diseases. 

  • Tuberculin Testing - A TB Skin Test is needed within a year prior to enrollment.
  • Meningitis Vaccine – A bacterial meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years is required for all students in the classroom. (Students who are 30 years or older are exempt from this requirement.)
    • Information regarding state law revisions of the Bacterial Meningitis Policy may be found at  This link contains the following information as well:
      • Conscientious Objection form for student NOT LIVING IN ON-CAMPUS HOUSING

        For new students (age 18 years or older) at institutions of higher education and NOT living or residing in on-campus housing, who wish to file an affidavit stating that the student declines the vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, the student may use the official Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's form, accessible from the website at the link below. The student must print the form, have it notarized, and file it with the institution's Registrar's Office or other designated department or unit.

        Affidavit of Exemption from Immunizations for Bacterial Meningitis for Reasons of Conscience


        Conscientious Objection form for student LIVING IN ON-CAMPUS HOUSING, or under age 18

        For new students living in on-campus housing, which includes student housing facilities located on the campus of an institution of higher education, such as dormitories, sorority and fraternity houses, privately owned residence halls, and apartments, the student must use the official Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) form. The DSHS form may be ordered electronically. It is then mailed from DSHS to the student and it may take up to two weeks to receive the form.

        *This form must also be used by students under the age of 18, regardless of whether they are living on or off campus.*

        The DSHS form must be completed, notarized, and provided to the designated school official at the institution the student will be attending. It is the student's responsibility to complete the DSHS form and have it notarized. Information about requesting the DSHS affidavit form is available by


Local resources for immunizations are listed below.

You may receive the Tetanus/ Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps, & Rubella  (MMR), and Meningitis vaccines at the Gregg County Health Department located at 405 East Marshall Avenue, free of charge for those in financial need and those who do not have insurance coverage.  It is across the street from McDonald’s and just west of GSMC.  Phone # 903-237-2620. They are only administered 8:30 - 11:00am and 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday.  No appointment is required, however there is a limited supply of vaccines.

Other immunization resources include (You will need to verify insurance coverage):

GSMC Family Clinic -

2131 South Mobberly Ave. across from the main entrance to campus.  Phone: 903.758.3551

Walgreen's Pharmacy - Can file on some insurances

511 East Marshall Ave.  Phone: 903.234.9509

Kroger Pharmacy - Can file on some prescription insurance plans

701 W. Marshall Ave. Phone: 903.232.2970

Good Shepherd's Occupational Clinic - Accepts exact cash. check or credit card.  No insurance accepted

701 N. 6th St.  Phone: 903.315.5520

The least expensive prices found in Longview for TB skin tests are listed below. You are required to return 2 days after administration for the skin test to be read.

GSMC Occupational Medicine. It has moved to 701 N. 6th Street, on the corner of 6th and Padon in a red brick building, just south of GSMC Emergency Room. 
Phone: 903.315.5520.   Cost  $12

Longview Occupational Medicine Clinic at 3202 North 4th Street, just south of Loop 281. 
Phone:  903.757.0577 Cost $18

Good Shepherd Family Clinic on South Mobberly offers the TB skin test for $20.



Contact Us:

First Name:

Last Name:




Share by Email
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Twitter