Solicitation and Sign-Posting
For the protection of students, no solicitation of any type (selling, promoting, distributing pamphlets, and posting notices) is permitted by students or others on the University campus in offices, residence halls, village apartments, or through the Campus Post Office. No personal business (music lessons, computer sales, etc.) may be operated from any campus location without a letter of permission from the Dean of Students, which will be placed on file in the Office of Student Affairs. Personal items may be advertised for sale on the bulletin board in the Student Center. Approval must be obtained through the Division of Student Life.
Any student wanting to post a sign/poster/announcement in any campus facility must abide by the following guidelines:
- The Division of Student Life must approve all announcements before posting. You must fill out an Accountability Form (available from the Division of Student Life) each time you post. Publicity bulletin boards are located in these six buildings: Heath-Hardwick Hall, Longview Hall, Glaske Hall, Belcher Center, Solheim and the Memorial Student Center. Posters hung in these buildings must be confined to these bulletin boards.
- In buildings other than the five listed above, posters may be hung on interior brick walls (not on glass or painted walls). Failure to confine posters to these locations may result in loss of publicity privileges.
- Removal of posters is the responsibility of the organization represented. Failure to remove posters by the date stamped on them may result in loss of publicity privileges.
- Any postings in residence halls do not need to be approved by Student Life, but they need to be cleared with the Resident Director for that area. Any postings in the residence halls may be removed by the RD, at their discretion.
- Classifieds/Want-Ads/For Sale circulars may be posted on the Publicity bulletin boards.
- In the Dining Hall, only large, butcher-paper banners and table tents may be posted. Any postings in the Dining Hall may be removed at the discretion of the General Manager of Bon Appetit Management Co.
- Circulars sent out in CPOs must be approved on a case-by-case basis by the Division of Student Life, and are limited to items that affect a substantial portion of the campus.
- Other creative publicity ideas are encouraged but must be approved on a case-by-case basis by the Division of Student Life.