The SWARM is a Friday-Saturday, everything-you-need event to help you jump start your LeTourneau experience.
At SWARM, you will:
- Register for classes
- Meet professors
- See your new room
- Possibly meet your roommate
- Get answers to questions you may have
- Get assistance with Financial Aid
- Print your ID card
- Decrease your time in line at Fall Orientation
- Learn all you need to know...and a little extra
Parents Experience Summer SWARM, too!
Parents, the SWARM is for you too. Your student's decision to come to LeTourneau is a big deal for the whole family. We want you here as well so you can get the full experience and to see the place where God will be working in your student's life for the next four years.
What should I bring to SWARM?
The main things we want you to bring are a good attitude and a lot of questions.
But it wouldn't hurt to bring a few of these things too:
- Pillow and bedding (sheets and blanket or sleeping bag)
- Shampoo and all toiletries (including towel)
- Comfortable shoes and an outfit suitable for being "active"
- Any financial documentation (FAFSA, etc.) or information you would like to discuss with student accounts
- Copies of transcripts
- (You may turn in completed shot records for our health form if you have them ready)
Transportation to and from SWARM
Need a ride?
Orientation staff can help you get here! We offer shuttle services from the local airports, train, and bus stations.
Contact FutureStudent@letu.edu to arrange a ride.
Free Shuttle Service for students attending by themselves:
- East Texas Regional Airport (GGG)
- Longview Amtrak Station
- Longview Greyhound Bus Terminal
- Shreveport Louisiana Airport (SHV)
Housing during SWARM
- Housing is included for all incoming LETU students
- Participants staying on campus must bring their own pillow, toiletries, and towels.
- Parents and siblings attending SWARM are encouraged to find lodging off campus at one of the many hotels in Longview
Resources for Staying in Longview:
On-campus housing and dinner on Day One and breakfast and lunch on Day Two are included for all attending the SWARM.
Summer SWARM 2018
View SWARM Schedule
Office of New Student Orientation
Director of Orientation
Director of Student Programs