TITLE:||Financial Data Analyst|
|DATE POSTED: ||Thursday, December 18, 2014|
|REPORTS TO: ||Controller|
Office hours are primarily weekdays, but responsibilities may require additional hours and flexibility that can include evenings and weekends.
This position exists to provide analysis of data and information to create accurate forecasts, projections, cost allocations, and profitability analysis for all departments and programs; and also to develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) to aid in decision making.
- Mine financial and related information from a variety of sources for both internal and external reporting.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) and related financial analysis databases.
- Graphically display data.
- Summarize finding in formal reports and document report procedures.
- Analyze and prepare departmental and program cost and profitability analysis.
- Present analysis results to management, faculty, and staff.
- Respond to internal and external information requests.
- Develop, implement and refine data warehouse reports and web-based dashboards.
- Function as a key technical resource for any future evolving data warehouse and business analytics development and maintenance.
- Function as the technology representative for Financial Services in liaison with Information Technology and other departments as necessary.
- Conduct training (within scope of responsibility) that is meaningful to the Financial Services team and customers.
- Regularly seek additional education to enhance and expand technical skills and any skill that would promote further success in this position.
- Effectively manage timeframes and deadlines by pro-actively managing tasks that may exceed assigned deadlines. This requires regular communication with customers in order to effectively manage expectations and assure quality service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field is required. A secondary degree/minor in finance or accounting preferred.
- 2 – 3 years higher education experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices preferred.
- Experience with various database systems including Microsoft SQL and Informix, and related utilities preferred.
- Must have experience writing simple and complex SQL queries using various types of relational databases.
- Must have experience with query building in Microsoft Access, Excel, and Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools including SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Ability to analyze numerical detail, identify patterns or trends, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both orally and written. Must have ability to communicate data in an understandable way to decision-makers in various departments.
- Ability to work well with individuals and teams to understand their needs and then translate those needs into analysis.
- LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: January 1, 2015
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled.
In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send completed application, and a current résumé to:
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, TX 75607
TEL: (903) 233-4170
FAX: (903) 233-4101
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Inspired by faith and a spirit of ingenuity, LeTourneau University
integrates learning, living and Christian leadership in a community of
integrity, academic quality and technological innovation.
LeTourneau University is a regionally accredited interdenominational
Christ-centered university offering undergraduate degrees in aviation,
business, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education,
engineering, health care management, health science-nursing, human
services, kinesiology, the liberal arts, psychology, the sciences and
theology. Graduate degree offerings include business administration, health
care administration, counseling, education, engineering, marriage & family
therapy, psychology and strategic leadership.
Nearly 2,730 students attend LeTourneau University. Around 1,350 of these
students are enrolled in programs at LETU's residential campus, while more
than 1,380 make up the university's global campus, attending classes online
and at educational centers in Dallas and Houston.
LETU students typically represent all 50 states, nearly 30 countries, and
more than 50 denominational groups. The SAT average of entering residential
freshmen is often 140-160 points above the national average and indicate a
strong academic quality, although provision is made for students with lower
scores who possess evidence of potential achievement.
LeTourneau has been consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report
as one of "America's Best Colleges." LeTourneau University is accredited by
the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866
Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at
http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate,
baccalaureate and master's degrees. The business program is accredited by IACBE.
LeTourneau University's engineering and engineering technology programs are
accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology
Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and
Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 -
telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University
as a Master's (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub
city with an MSA of 150,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills
and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas
and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.