To be considered for the Home School Endowed Scholarship, essays must be submitted by February 15th, 2015.
Through the generosity of an anonymous Friend of LeTourneau University, the LETU Home School Endowed Scholarship has been established to benefit new students enrolling at LeTourneau University. This scholarship, first established for the Fall 2010 entering students, will be awarded for each new academic year using the following criteria. Check out a video highlight about LeTourneau University's Home School Endowed Scholarship and discover the details, below:
To be eligible, a student must:
- Enter as a new freshmen student to LeTourneau University and enroll in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Be a US citizen and submit a FAFSA. You can find the FAFSA application at Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be home schooled for three of the four years of high school, with one of those three years being the senior year.
- Graduate from home schooling in Spring 2015. This will be verified by an official transcript issued by the home school of attendance.
- Be accepted to LETU by February 1, 2015. To get started on the application process, go to www.letu.edu/apply.
- Complete a one page, single-spaced essay on their own personal home school experience by February 15, 2015. Send essay by email to Mike VanBrocklin, Director of Admissions at MikeVanBrocklin@letu.edu. The essay should address both advantages and any disadvantages of the home school experience and how the experience has helped them develop academically, socially, and spiritually.
Decisions will be made by March 1st, 2015. High school grades, test score(s) and the student’s financial need will be considered.
Renewal of Scholarship
- Continuing eligibility requires enrollment in at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- Each semester, recipients will participate in a recruitment effort for prospective home school students.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) will be considered for scholarship renewal.
- The LETU Home School Endowed Scholarship may be awarded for a maximum of eight semesters to eligible students.
Financial Aid Office
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, TX 75607
1-800-759-8811 Ext. 4350
Financial Aid Office Hours
8am – 5pm CST
Federal School Code 003584