History of LeTourneau University

LeTourneau University는  R.G. LeTourneau의 이름을 따라 설립되었습니다. R.G. LeTourneau는  확고한 기독교 신념과 엔지니어링 분야에서의 탁월한 재능을 가지고 사회에 긍정적인 영향을 미친 인물입니다. 그는 혁신적인 디자인을 통해서 각종 불도저, 굴착기, 중장비의 전자바퀴 이용방법등을 발명, 개발하였습니다. 전자  산업분야의 큰 성공과 더불어 R.G. LeTourneau는 책임감 있는 크리스찬 리더로써 후진국을 위한 선교 사역을 위해 많은 기부와 프로젝트를 실행하였고, 이를 통해서 서아프리카와 남미에 복음 전파, 교육, 의료 등의 큰 혜택을 주었습니다.

R.G. LeTourneau의 가장 중대한 업적중의 하나는 그의 아내 Evelyn와 함께 텍사스에 교육기관을 세운 것입니다. Mrs. LeTourneau는 1946년, 비행기를 타고 공장을 세울 장소를 찾던 중, Mrs. LeTourneau는 빈 육군 병원을 발견하였고,  장차 이곳이 기술 분야에 관련된 교육에 쓰임받게 될 장소라는 가능성을 보았습니다. 그들은 곧 이 장소는 매입하여 LeTourneau 공학 기술 학원을 설립하였습니다. 그 후 1946년부터 1961년까지 약 7000명의 기술자들이 새로운 교육기관에서 기술 교육을 받았습니다. 1961년에 남녀공학 4년제 사립 대학이 되었고 이공계와 문과대학을 비롯한 다양한 전공 커리큘럼으로 확장하여, 후에 LeTourneau 단과 대학으로 개명하게 되었습니다. 그 후 1989년 LeTourneau 단과 대학이 LeTourneau 대학교가 되었습니다.

 

LeTourneau University bears the name of its founder, R. G. LeTourneau, who used his Christian convictions and engineering genius to dramatically and positively impact the society of his day. His innovative design concepts included heavy-duty earthmoving equipment, off-shore drilling platforms and use of the electric-drive wheel in heavy equipment. In addition to his industrial success, R.G. LeTourneau was a responsible Christian leader who invested millions of dollars in missionary development projects in West Africa and South America which brought the Gospel, education and medical aid to thousands.

R.G. LeTourneau's most significant ministry is perhaps the school he and his wife Evelyn established in Longview, Texas. While they were flying over the area in 1946 to select a manufacturing site, Mrs. LeTourneau noticed a vacated Army hospital complex consisting of over two hundred frame buildings and recognized its potential as a site for the technical school they envisaged. The site was soon theirs, and LeTourneau Technical Institute was established. From 1946 to 1961 more than 7,000 men received technical training in the new school. In 1961 the school became a co-educational four-year college, broadened its curriculum to include many technical and non-technical majors, and changed its name to LeTourneau College. In 1989 LeTourneau College became LeTourneau University.

Share

Contact Us:

First Name:

Last Name:

Email:

Topic:

Question:

Share by Email
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Twitter