Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study indigenous Australian culture on the World Heritage Listed Fraser Island.
Explore Australian Aboriginal culture, history and knowledge through the experience of the Butchella people.
Through a combination of classroom learning and field experience in the Butchella community, students gain an understanding of:
- historical and social contexts of contemporary indigenous Australians
- key concepts relating to Aboriginal ways of life
- local Butchella culture in the Hervey Bay region
- the impact of colonialism on indigenous societies globally.
About the Program:
- 21 hours of lectures, workshops & assessment
- 24 hours of fieldwork.
- Equivalent to 1 USQ credit point (.25 full-time study).
- This USQ Program MAY OR MAY NOT provide LeTourneau credit. PLEASE visit with the Office of International Studies to learn more.
Who is it for? Anyone interested in learning more about indigenous Australian culture.
Dates & Duration: 4 week summer program (21 June – 16 July)
Program Cost: AUD 4,000
Interested in Studying Abroad?
Study Abroad Coordinator
Scholarships & Internships
LETU Study Abroad Application Process