This degree is offered on ground at the LeTourneau University Longview campus.
To earn the Master of Engineering, students must have completed the following:
- Total 30 semester hours completed of which 24 hours are approved, graduate level courses, plus 6 hours of thesis. (See Curriculum Information below for further information)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, with no more than two grades of C in the required curriculum. A course in which a grade of D was earned will not count toward meeting graduation requirements.
- Thesis oral defense and hard copy submission of master's thesis signed by committee members are required.
- All requirements completed at the graduate level in no more than five years at LeTourneau University.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
- Approval of the faculty and the Board of Trustees.
Course work will typically be graduate level Engineering courses taken at LETU, but may also include some of the following options:
- A maximum of 2 approved* upper-division undergraduate courses (up to 8 credit hours) in Science, Computer Science, Math and/or Engineering. These hours cannot count toward an undergraduate degree.
- A maximum of 2 approved* graduate courses (up to 8 credit hours) completed at LETU as an undergraduate for dual credit. Dual credit is defined as a course that counts toward meeting the degree requirements of both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A maximum of 6 approved* hours of transferred graduate level courses in Science, Computer Science, Math and/or Engineering from other ABET accredited institutions.
- A maximum of 8 approved* hours of graduate level courses in Science.
- A maximum of 3 approved* hours of graduate Business course work.
* A student's complete plan of study must be approved by his/her graduate committee and by the Master of Science in Engineering Thesis Advisor.
Request More Information
Learn more about earning your degree at LeTourneau. Fill out this short form and we'll be in touch to answer all of your questions. We look forward to speaking with you!
I am interested in: