Mr. Norman Reese
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Office: Glaske O158
Phone: (903) 233-3935
- M.Eng.M.E University of Colorado 1997
- B.S.M.E LeTourneau University 1991
University Faculty since 2010
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Colorado
- ENGR 1311 Manufacturing Processes Lab
- GETC 2313 Materials Technology
- GETC 3323 Modern Manufacturing Methods
- METC 2013 Statics
- METC 2023 Dynamics
- METC 3323 Strength of Materials
- METC 4413 Kinematics of Machines
- NASA – Structural design and test. Conducted testing, mechanical design, stress analysis, and project management of various space shuttle hardware.
- Peak Industries – Project engineer for manufacturing several biomedical and electromechanical products. Managed the engineering department of 19 technical personnel who oversaw production of $50 million of products a year.
- Frontline BioEnergy – Co-founded and managed this bioenergy startup which designed and installed one of the largest biomass gasifiers in operation in the country. Using partial oxidation, the fluid bed gasifier converts wood residues to produce gas in order to fire the steam boilers at an ethanol plant.