Dr. Joonwan Kim
Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
Office : Glaske Room O110
Phone : (903)233-3920
- Ph.D.University of Alabama, Huntsville 2003
- M.S.E.E. University of Alabama, Huntsville 1999
- B.S.E.E. Daegu University, S. Korea 1993
University Faculty since 2003
Current Research Interests
- Hardware implementation of an Adaptive Noise Canceller.
- Performance analysis of the Self Correcting Adaptive Filter and the adjusted step size NLMS algorithm.
- Adaptive filtering based on variable step size and signal to noise ratio.
- CEGR 4233 Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcomputers
- CEGR 4253 Microcomputer Design
- EEGR 3213 Digital Electronics
- EEGR 4233 Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcomputers
- EEGR 4253 Microcomputer Design
- EEGR 4283 Digital Signal Processing
- ENGR 2122 Instrumentation and Measurements Laboratory
- EETC 4233 Instrumentation and Controls
Honors and Awards
- Principle Investigator (PI) of National Science Foundation (NSF) DUE-0728613: Scholarships for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Amount: $529,000 from Feb. 2008 to Jan. 2013.
- Reviewer of Journal of Communications and Networks (JCN), Dec. 2005~ Feb 2007
- Serving on NSF (National Science Foundation) REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) Review Panel, Washington D.C, Nov. 2005 & STEM Review Panel, Washington D.C, Sep. 2010
- Being selected for inclusion in the 9th & 10th edition of Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2005 and 2006
- Interviewing with Maeil newspaper (Daily newspaper in Korea), Jan, 2009.
- Director of LeTourneau University Senior Projects supported by Rockwell Collins Inc., STEMCO and General Dynamics. Amount $150,000 from Aug. 2007 to Present.
- Interviewing with News Korea (weekly newspaper), Dallas, Jan, 2007. Being selected for inclusion in the 10th edition of Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2006
Click here for Publications