Chair, Department of Engineering
Professor, Civil Engineering
Office: Glaske O163
Refereed Journal Papers
- VAN ERP G M, CATTELL C and AYERS S R, (2007) A fair dinkum approach to fibre composites in civil engineering. Construction and Building Materials, Vol 20, No 1-2, pp 2-10
- VAN ERP G M, CATTELL C and AYERS S R, (2006) The Australian approach to composites in civil engineering. Reinforced Plastics, Vol 49, No 6, pp 20-26.
- DAVEY S W, HELDT T J, VAN EERP G M and AYERS S R (2005), Vinylester/Cenosphere Composites for Civil and Structural Engineering. FRP International. Vol 2, No 3. pp 2 – 5. (INVITED PAPER)
- AYERS S R and VAN ERP G M (2004), A Code Of Practise For the structural design of fibre composites. Proc. Instn Civil Engrs, Structures & Buildings 157, January 2004 Issue SB1, pp 3-8.
- AYERS S R and VAN ERP G M (2003), Characterisation of new structural Core Materials Based on Vinylester and Hollow Ceramic Microspheres, Proc. Instn Mech Engrs, Vol 217, Part L: J. Materials: Design and Applications, pp 221-228.
- VAN ERP G M AND AYERS S R (2000), Particulate Filled Resin Core Materials for Fibre Composites in Civil Engineering applications, Materials Australia, Volume 32, no.1, pp 17-20, Melbourne, Australia.
Refereed Proceedings Article
O’CONNOR J, AREF A, AYERS S and LOPEZ de MURPHY M, (2016) Testing of FRP Bridge Decks. American Society for Composites 31st Technical Conference and ASTM Committee D30 Meeting, Williamsburg, Virginia. Sept 2016.
LOPEZ de MURPHY M, AREF A, AYERS S R and O’CONNOR J, (2013) Light, Solid Surface Decking for Historic and Moveable Bridges. 30th International Bridge Conference, June 2013.
RISPIN K, SCHLUNG J, GONZALEZ R and AYERS S, (2011) Preliminary Validation of the LEGS Functional Parameters Questionnaire. Festival of International Conferences on Caregiving, Disability, Aging and Technology (FICCDAT 2011), Toronto, Canada, June 2011.
- AYERS S R and GONZALEZ R V. (2010) Implementation of a New Polycentric Knee Technology in the Developing World. 13th ISPO World Congress, Leipzig, May 2010
- AYERS S R and GONZALEZ R V. (2010) Implementation of Local Manufacturing for the LEGS M1 Knee in the Developing World. 13th ISPO World Congress, Leipzig, May 2010. Ayers, S.R., Gonzalez, R.V. and Rispin, K.L. (2010) Development of a Locally Manufactured Polycentric Prosthetic Knee for the Developing World. 19th National Conference of Orthotics and Prosthetics Association of India, New Delhi, Feb 2010.
- Terrall, K.R., Harper, M.L., Rispin, K.L., Ayers, S., and Gonzalez, R.V. (2008) Procuring relevant soft tissue data for use in computational modeling. 25th Annual Houston Conf on Biomedical Engineering Research, Houston, TX, Feb, 2008.
- Dittenber, D., Ayers, S. and Gonzalez R.V. (2008) Innovative Approaches to Providing Developing Countries with Appropriate Lower-Limb Prosthetic Technology. NCIIA 12th Annual Meeting, Dallas TX, Mar 2008.
- GONZALEZ R V, RISPIN K L, MORAN M K and AYERS S., (2007) An R&D strategy to offer a high-quality and low-cost above knee prosthesis in the developing world.12th World Congress of the International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Vancouver, Canada, July 2007.
- PALMER J D, AYERS S R and GONZALEZ R V (2007) Development of a low-cost polycentric knee for trans-femoral amputees in developing nations.12th World Congress of the International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Vancouver, Canada, July 2007.
- VAUGHAN M, AYERS S R, and GONZALEZ R V, (2007) Roll-over shape assessment of prosthetic feet for developing nations, 12th World Congress of the International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Vancouver, Canada, July 2007.
- GREEN M G, HELLMUTH T, LEIFFER P R, GONZALEZ R V, and AYERS S R. (2007) Effectively implementing an interdisciplinary senior design experience: A case study and conclusions. ASEE Annual Conference, Honolulu, HI, June, 2007.
- AYERS S R, FULGINITI L A, GONZALEZ R V and RISPIN K. (2007) Evaluation of a simplified field system for gait analysis of transfemoral amputees in a developing world context. 24th Annual Houston Conference on Biomedical Engineering Research, Houston, TX, Feb, 2007.
- GONZALEZ RV, VAUGHAN M, and AYERS S R. (2006), Roll-over characteristics of prosthetic feet used in developing nations. Abstracts of the 5th World Congress of Biomechanics, Munich, Germany, Aug, 2006. Journal of Biomechanics, Vol 39, S1. p S551.
- AYERS S R, GONZALEZ RV, MINELGA E (2006), Development of a low-cost, easily manufactured, prosthetic knee technology with improved functionality outcomes for trans-femoral amputees in developing nations. Abstracts of the 5th World Congress of Biomechanics, Munich, Germany, Aug, 2006. Journal of Biomechanics, Vol 39, S1. p S500
Conference Presentations / Papers
- Gonzalez, R.V., Ayers, S., and Rispin, K. (2006) Development of a low-cost, easily manufactured knee technology with improved functionality outcomes for trans-femoral amputees in developing nations. CIR-RERC State of the Science Conference for Improved Technology Access for Landmine Survivors, Chicago, IL, Aug, 2006.
Professional and Scholarly Affiliations
- American Society for Engineering Education - Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers - Associate Member
- International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics - Member