Dr. Bill Graff, P.E.
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Office: CVL Lab 101
Phone: (903) 233-3902
- Ph.D. Purdue University 1967
- M.S.E.E. Purdue University 1962
- B.S.E.E. Purdue University 1960
University Faculty since 1975.
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas.
- Data research to write paper to be given at ASEE in June 2011.
- Data research to write paper given at ASEE in June 2010.
- Data research from past courses to write paper given at ASEE in June 2009.
- In 1969 at Drexel University, with the help of a graduate student, Brent W. Reed, set up an 80KW Plasma Jet Lab facility which used an arc discharge to produce a 30,000K plasma flame. K-band interferometer was to diagnose this plasma, but research funds were depleted (NASA supported). Mr. Reed did an analysis of radiation produced by a slot antenna covered by a moving cold isotropic plasma. Project was to measure this.
- In 1967, also at Drexel University, worked on the determination of Correlation Coefficients for Bistatic Scattering from Underdense Plasma Wakes (radar interferometry used on plasma trails left by re-entering vehicles). Theoretical determination of the properties of variously-shaped plasma bodies and some integrations done on time-shared computer.
- EEGR 2053 Electric Circuits I
- EEGR 2063 Electric Circuits II
- EEGR 3133 Electronics Design Laboratory
- EEGR 3213 Digital Electronics
- EEGR 4433 Electrical Power Systems
- EEGR 4513 Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- EEGR 4613 Communications Engineering
- EEGR 4942 Special Topic: Laser Engineering
- EEGR 4943 Special Topic: Optics and Lasers
- EEGR 4951 Special Topic: Semiconductor Memory
- EEGR 4961 Special Topic: Laser Topics
- LETU 1101 Precepts for Success
- ENGR 4923 Advanced Engineering Analysis
Refereed Proceedings Articles
- "What Fuzzies Might Learn from Techies," by R. William Graff, Paul R. Leiffer, Martin Batts, and Maria J. Leiffer, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Session #1488, Paper #AC2010-911, June 2010.
- "Diversity Receiver for Digital Radio Mondiale: A Multi-Year Design Project," by Paul R. Leiffer, Joonwan Kim, R. William Graff, and Don Willcox, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Session #2518, Paper #AC2010-867, June 2010.
- "The Changing of the Guard: Should the Engineering Ethics Code Be Changed to Environmental Ethics?" by Paul R. Leiffer, R. William Graff, B. Kyun Lee, and Martin Batts, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Paper #1550, Austin, Texas, June 2009.
- "Understanding Cognitive Style and Learning Style and their Application to Teaching and Learning in Engineering," by B. Kyun Lee, Paul R. Leiffer, R. William Graff, and Vicki L. Sheafer, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, Austin, Texas, June 2009.
- "A Hydraulic Circuits Laboratory to Improve Student Understanding of Basic Electricity," by R. William Graff, Paul R. Leiffer, Jessica Niemi, and Megan Vaughan, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, 2007.
Click here for further Publications and Honors