Dr. Benjamin Caldwell
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Office: Glaske O111
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, 2011
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, 2009
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, 2007
Current Research Interests:
- Mechanical engineering design methods and tools.
- Modeling functionality and interactions of mechanical systems to support conceptual design.
- Designers’ use of functional representations in conceptual design.
- National Science Foundation: Integrative Situated Design Research
- BMW Manufacturing Co.: Lightweight Engineering Design Methods Research
- Electrolux Major Appliances: Bottom Mount Refrigerator Design
- MEGR 2013: Statics
- ENGR 3813: Engineering Design Methodology
- EG 208: Engineering Graphics (Clemson University)
- ME 302: Mechanics of Materials (Clemson University)
- ME 402: Capstone Design (Clemson University)
Click here to see Dr. Caldwell's Publications and Honors page.