Dr. Ames came to LETU in the fall of 2001 after serving nine years at Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri, where he served as director of teacher education, coordinator of graduate studies for education and director of the middle school institute.
Dr. Ames began his career in education as a classroom teacher in the public schools of Tishomingo, Oklahoma. During his seven years in the Tishomingo school system, he taught reading, band, language arts and coached baseball and basketball.
In 1979, he accepted a graduate position at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Dr. Ames has also served as an associate professor at Bethany College in Santa Cruz, California, and chair of the Education Department at Southwestern University in Waxahachie, Texas.
- Doctorate of Education, emphasis in reading, educational technology, and curriculum development, Oklahoma State University
- Master of Science in Behavioral Studies, emphasis in reading, Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Dr. Ames is certified to teach elementary, reading (all-level), educational technology (all-level) and he has middle school certificates in science, language arts and social science.
- Dr. Ames has published many scholarly articles. He has also written science activity articles for children.
Awards, Grants, and Certifications
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
- Executive Director of the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Member, Steering Committee of the International Committee of Christian Teacher Educators
Service (Community Involvement)
- Dr. Ames has held many pastoral posts including music minister, youth pastor, private school administrator, associate pastor and senior pastor.
- “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” --Romans 8:28
- Dr. Ames enjoys fishing, reading, music and collecting sports cards.