Accelerated degree programs generally offer courses in three, five, or seven weeks sessions which continue year-round, allowing you to focus on fewer courses at a time and adjust your course sequence to fit your needs.
All types of businesses need accountants, from manufacturers to retailers to non-profit organizations. Individuals often rely on accountants to help them manage their taxes, investments and funds.
Accountants are in consistent demand, with a 16% growth in jobs projected through 2020 by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
But in a field with true global opportunity, LeTourneau University accounting graduates are about more than just numbers. They demonstrate the characteristics top employers require: knowledge, ethics and integrity. And they recognize and understand the critical ethical issues related to the accounting profession, applying this knowledge and training to their daily work.
This accelerated degree is offered exclusively at our Houston educational center.
LeTourneau University accounting students learn:
- To understand financial statements in accordance with accepted accounting principles and demonstrate the ability to communicate that data effectively
- To apply appropriate judgment based on the knowledge of accounting theory to financial analysis and decision making
- The ability to analyze financial data as well as the effects of employing differing accounting methods on the financial statements
- An understanding of taxation of individual income
- Cost accounting methods and application of cost accounting to decision making and business performance
This coursework is approved by, and meets the requirements of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. Students who wish to sit for the CPA exam must have completed at least 150 college hours. Additional requirements apply.
What can you do with this degree?
Accounting Major (36 hours)
- ACCT 2103 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2113 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 3103 Intermediate Accounting*
- ACCT 3113 Intermediate Accounting II*
- ACCT 3303 Cost Accounting
- ACCT 3403 Federal Income Tax*
- ACCT 4203 Advanced Accounting*
- ACCT 4403 Auditing
- ACCT 4943 Ethics in Accounting*
- ACCT 4503 Accounting Systems
- ACCT 4413 Corporate Income Tax
- ACCT 4233 Fraud Examination
Business (30 hours)
- BUSI 4643 Business Research Methods
- BUSI 3723 Financial Analysis for Managers or BUSI 4743 Principles of Finance
- BUSI 3713 Management & Leadership or BMGT 2303 Principles of Mgmt
- BUSI 4733 Organizational Behavior
- BUSI 3773 Marketing Principles
- BUSI 3753 Business Law
- BUSI 4703 International Issues in Business
- BUSI 4813 Strategic Management
- ECON 2103 Macroeconomics
- ECON 2203 Microeconomics
General Education Courses (44 hours)
- Bible (12 hours)
- Communications/Speech (3 hours)
- English Composition (6 hours)
- Literature (3 hours)
- History (3 hours)
- Kinesiology (3 hours)
- Math: 2183 or College Algebra, Statistics (6 hours)
- Natural Science (8 hours)
General Elective Courses (16 hours)
Total: 126 credit hours (66 credit hours in major courses, 44 credit hours of general education, and16 credit hours of electives)
Request More Information
Learn more about earning your degree at LeTourneau. Fill out this short form and we'll be in touch to answer all of your questions. We look forward to speaking with you!
I am interested in:
Not quite what you're looking for? Here are a few programs that might interest you: