Integration of information and data is integral to our everyday lives. But when it comes to health care, the security and accuracy of data and information becomes even more critical - it can mean the difference between life and death of a patient.
LeTourneau University's program in Health Information Systems fuses the fundamentals of computer science, business and health care. This degree prepares students for an in-demand career planning and directing the electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis or computer programming in health care facilities around the world.
Career with Significant Growth Projections
LeTourneau’s Health Information Systems degree offers an unbeatable career opportunity where technology contributes to quality of life. Significant growth is projected over the next two decades, with median salaries reaching six-figures. This program is ideal for those who want to work in health care without direct patient care:
- Designed to expand the current careers of health professionals who want to develop IT skills and move into health informatics systems integration
- Perfect for IT professionals who are looking to specialize or learn more about healthcare systems
- Career path for registered nurses or allied health workers who want to pursue work at a technology company.
Interesting Classes You'll Take
- Health Informatics
- Programming for Information Systems
- Database Management
- Information Security
Our accelerated class format allows you to finish each course in just five weeks. For online students, coursework begins each week on Monday, with most assignments due on Sunday by midnight.
What can you do with this degree?
- Healthcare Information Management Director
- Healthcare Information Management Manager
- Healthcare Information Management Program Manager
- Healthcare Information Management Systems Director
Request More Information
Learn more about earning your degree at LeTourneau. Fill out this short form and we'll be in touch to answer all of your questions. We look forward to speaking with you!
I am interested in:
*Choose an online program, a Longview, Dallas or Houston campus program or combine daytime and online classes to fit your needs.*
Not quite what you're looking for? Here are a few other programs that might interest you: