Want to be an engineer and a chemist? Be a chemical engineer.
A degree in chemistry, with a concentration in chemical engineering, will allow you to complete a Master's in chemical engineering from Iowa State University in one year. We call it a 4+1 agreement. Four years at LeTourneau to earn your bachelor's in chemistry and one year at Iowa State to earn the Master's in chemical engineering. This is a unique agreement between LeTourneau and Iowa State. Look around and see if you can find a comparable program that will allow you to earn a quality chemistry degree and a Master's in chemical engineering in just five years.
- At LeTourneau, you will take chemistry and engineering courses.
- During your time at LeTourneau you will also spend a summer doing research at Iowa State University, home of The Ames National Laboratory.
- After graduating from LeTourneau you will spend one year as a graduate student in the chemical engineering program at Iowa State University..
Interesting Classes You'll Take
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
To learn more about course requirements, view the course catalog.
What can you do with this degree?
Discover the many opportunities you'll have both while you're at LeTourneau and after you earn your degree!
- Complete a chemistry internship, giving you hands-on experience that you can carry with you into your future career.
- Spend a semester abroad to expand your education and worldview.
- Find a great job! The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects will show that chemical engineers are the highest paid of all engineers with a median annual income of $97,360.
Not quite what you're looking for? Here are a few programs that might interest you: