Bible and Ministry Distinctives
Student Experience in Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries:
- All faculty affirm a high view of Scripture, recognizing the truth and authority of God’s
- All the full-time Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries faculty have a Ph.D. in their
fields and have ministry experience, so all the courses integrate practical application with
- All the full-time Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries faculty have ministered in
international contexts (e.g. Cuba, Chile, Costa Rica, Russia, Nigeria, Kenya, Scotland, and the
- All of the full-time Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries faculty have contributed to
their fields through publications and conference papers.
- The Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries faculty are some of the best teachers on
campus. In fact, in 2005
Woodring received the Selby Teaching award, which is awarded to the best teacher of the
- Each year faculty lead the
Settings of the Bible course overseas to the Middle East. These classes have gone to
Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Italy, and Greece.
- All Christian Ministries majors are engaged in supervised internships.