Dean of the College of Aeronautical Science; Professor
Began working at LETU in 1985
I am the older of two children and am blessed to have parents who love me. My father was a career soldier, which meant that we moved a lot. I can think of about a dozen places I have lived, including two foreign countries, and I was born in France. However, since my parents were both raised in the Lubbock, Texas area, Texas was always considered home. I am proud to consider myself a “Texan.” My dad’s military career took us to Pennsylvania where I attended high school and met my wife, Gail. She and I attended LeTourneau College in the late 70s and were married in 1978. We have two children, Laura and Freddie.
Gail and I seriously considered mission service in college, but the Lord had other plans for us here at LeTourneau. We consider the work at LeTourneau no less of a ministry than serving as missionaries.
We attend Macedonia Baptist Church where Gail sings in the choir and I serve as an adult Sunday school teacher. We love to fish (when we can find the time) and enjoy traveling together. My favorite hobby is building and occasionally flying RC airplanes.
My main goal in life is to honor God and serve Him in a tangible way. I firmly believe that He has designed me to accomplish certain things in my time here on earth. I want to be faithful to walk with Him and allow Him to accomplish His work through me (Ephesians 2:10).
Education and Training
- M.S. Technology, University of Texas, Tyler, 1990
- Beechcraft King Air 100 and A100 Maintenance School, 1983
- Beechcraft Bonanza Maintenance School, 1981
- B. S. Missions Aviation, LeTourneau University, 1980
- "Promoting Safety in Collegiate Aviation Programs", Aviation Accreditation Board International Winter Conference, 2012
- Panel presentation "Educating for Contemporary Electronic Flight Deck Technology”, Council on Aviation Accreditation Winter Conference, February 2004
- Regional Airline Association
- Women in Aviation International
- The Aviation Accreditation Board International
- Risk Management
- The University Aviation Association
University Committee Assignments
- Long Range Strategic Planning Committee
- VP for Enrollment Management Search Committee
- Crisis Response Task Force
- Provost Search Committee (Chair)
Service (Community Involvement)
- Mr. Ritchey is a member of Macedonia Baptist Church in Longview. He serves as Sunday school teacher.
God has been so gracious to me! I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was in the 7th grade. His grace has been evident all through my life. I have certainly done nothing to deserve the many good things He has given me and allowed me to do. In the twenty plus years I have been a faculty member at LETU, I have seen God work in amazing ways.
When we think of God’s blessing, we naturally think of all of the wonderful changes that have occurred on our campus with new buildings and a growing student enrollment. The real blessing of God, and what really gives me the greatest joy, is to see how He works in the lives of our students. One of my LeTourneau College professors, Roger Carr, once said that our students “are the wind in our sails.”