Do you have a heart for children and recognize the Christ-like impact that you could have as a teacher?
With LeTourneau’s bachelor of interdisciplinary studies and Texas teacher certification, you'll be on your way to a career as an agent of transformation in children's lives.
The population of Texas is on the rise, which means the need for highly qualified teachers is increasing. With a growing Hispanic population, teachers who are bilingual and/or ESL certified are in high demand.
Earn valuable, hands-on experience in our on-site Pre-K learning lab, which provides a positive learning environment for local Pre-K children while allowing LETU students to learn instruction and classroom management skills firsthand.
A Quality Teacher Education Program
- 100% of LeTourneau University students who took the 2012 State Board of Educator Certification test successfully passed the examination.
- The LeTourneau School of Education accounts for approximately 16% of the total yearly state certifications.
- LETU students won Texas Student Teacher of the Year awards two years in a row in 2013 and 2014.
- As an LETU students, you'll begin gaining field experience during your freshman year and continue to gain classroom experience during your entire college career, culminating in semester of student teaching during your senior year.
Interesting Classes You'll Take
- Foundations of American Education and Culture
- Development and Learning of the Young Child
- Remediation of Reading Difficulties
- Classroom Management and Organization for the Elementary School
To learn more about course requirements, view the course catalog.
What can you do with this Degree?
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Preschool Director
- Child Care Director
Students may add any or all of the following to their degree program:
Not quite what you're looking for? Here are a few other programs that might interest you: