If you want to experience biblical or church history while getting course credit, you may enjoy one of our study trips. Each year, students can sign up to spend their spring break or the first weeks of summer in Israel, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Egypt, Jordan, Russia or other spots known for Biblical and church history. Students can also spend a semester abroad in Jerusalem, and many spend their spring breaks or summers on missions trips throughout the country and world.
See all the places we've gone on recent trips.
This coming summer (May 5-15, 2013), LeTourneau will offer two courses in Israel:
- BIBL 4413: PHYSICAL SETTINGS OF THE BIBLE:
In this course, taught by Dr. Kelly Liebengood, sites relevant to biblical events, biblical backgrounds, and early church history will be explored. Archaeological, historical, literary, and biblical materials are correlated with sites and features of Israel.
- HIST 4493: EXPLORING THE LIFE OF JESUS IN ISRAEL: This course, taught by Dr. Viktor Roudkovski, will explore the life and ministry of historical Jesus in the first century A.D. Palestine. Special attention will be given to Jesus’ Jewish background in the wider context of the Greco-Roman world.
The trip will include visits to the Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Caesarea Philippi, Tiberias, Mt. Carmel, the Negev desert, the Dead Sea, Qumran, Masada, a Bedouin camp, Old Jerusalem, the Temple Mount, the Holocaust museum, and the Garden Tomb.
Spring Break Missions Trips
Each year, groups of students spend a week serving during their spring break. Many students also work in a variety of places with several missionary organizations during the summer.
- At Jerusalem University College: Through a relationship with Jerusalem University College (JUC), LeTourneau students can spend a semester or shorter period studying in Jerusalem. You would still get course credit at LeTourneau for your classes you take there. LeTourneau tuition scholarships could be applied to cover JUC tuition.
- In Cairo, Egypt: Through a relationship with the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), LeTourneau students can spend a semester studying at Best Semester's Middle East Studies Program in Cairo, Egypt. You would still get course credit at LeTourneau for classes you take there. LeTourneau tuition scholarships could be applied to cover tuition.
- In St. Petersburg, Russia: Through a relationship with St. Petersburg Christian University (SPBCU), LeTourneau students can spend a semester or shorter period studying in Russia. You would still get course credit at LeTourneau for classes you take there. LeTourneau tuition scholarships could be applied to cover SPBCU tuition.