We LETU students are a little weird. We perform in dance competitions with our floors while wearing wacky costumes, build our own medieval catapults to fling watermelons across campus, race cardboard boats across the duck pond and spend all semester coming up with the best acts for Hootenanny, LETU’s annual pre-finals variety show.
We’re all about building community in crazy ways, not to mention creating a little healthy competition between floors. We’re unique, and we’re proud of it.
Whether you're looking for a little culture (LeTourneau style), need a laugh or just want something to take your mind off your calculus homework for the moment, you’ll find some LETU activities here that will make your college years memorable.
So if you want a place where you can just be you, have fun and make lifelong friendships while you’re at it, you've found it.
- AcoustiCafe – Listen to an LETU band play, enjoy some good food, and relax with friends.
- Battle of the Bands – Watch student bands compete for the title of best band at LETU.
- Cardboard Boat Race – Build a boat with your floor out of nothing but duct tape and cardboard and race it across the pond. Cash prizes for the fastest and most creative boats.
- Catamelon – Watch our students fling watermelons with home built catapults, or build one yourself and enter the competition!
- Fall Fest – Spend a week celebrating floor unity by dressing up as your floor’s theme and competing in activities like Airband, Dress up RG, and Car Cram.
- Film Festival – Become an amateur film producer and create a short film for the final showing, or just enjoy the films everyone else made.
- Fine Arts Week -- LETU students are artist, too! Every semester, students get to display their art for everyone to admire in hopes of winning a prize.
- Finals Eve/Midnight Breakfast –Take a break from studying to see Corey Ross dressed as Santa Clause, and grab some pizza and energy drinks to get you through finals week.
- Gotcha Week – Optional campus-wide "assassin" game. Carry a Nerf gun and watch your back – danger is everywhere during Gotcha week.
- Hootenanny – LETU’s traditional variety show (for over 45 years!), coupled with Homecoming festivities!
- Intramurals – You don't have to be an athlete to compete in sports. Team up with your floor and play other floors for bragging rights, or just come to cheer on your floor.
- LU Games – members of each residence hall compete in a variety of activities for their floor for the coveted Golden Duck Trophy. (Forget the high jump and javelin – We’re talking stuff like a Brainiac Quiz and Donut-On-a-String challenge).
- Mystery Bus Tour – Hop on the bus and have an adventure. You won’t know what you’re going to do until you get there!
- PwnFest – Gamer’s night. Need I say more?
- Spirit Day – Show your LETU spirit by supporting our soccer teams at their annual game against our ETBU rivals!
- Stance – Enjoy a free ice cream sundae at LETU’s welcome-back party!
- STOMP (STudent Organization Mall Party) – Come have fun and check out what LETU clubs have to offer at our annual back-to-school bash!