Want to help solve crimes as part of a rapidly growing field while also pursuing your interest in science and chemistry?
A degree in Forensic Chemistry from LeTourneau University will give you the skills and tools needed to work as an aid to law enforcement. Forensic chemists analyze, identify and characterize evidence and report their findings to investigators as a part of the larger process of solving crime. In today’s world of high-tech investigation into criminal activity, skilled forensic chemists are essential.
Check out the course catalog to learn more!
- At LeTourneau, you will become proficient in both the natural and physical sciences while also learning the basics of criminal law and professional ethics.
- You will receive an academically solid, Christian education that will allow you to be both a skilled professional and a Christian light in your workplace.
- Develop, plan, and carry out a research project that includes data collection, analysis, and presentation of results.
Outcomes & Opportunities
Discover the many opportunities you'll have both while and after you earn your degree!
- Find a great job! The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 19% growth in forensic science technician employment, which includes forensic chemistry, by 2020. This notable growth will give graduates great opportunity for employment.
- Complete a chemistry internship, giving you hands-on experience that you can carry with you into your future career.
- Spend a semester abroad to expand your education and worldview.